04 February 2009

Treasuring Up in My Heart

God is doing amazing things and moving among all the people of the earth even more than I thought - and I look and watch for those kinds of things!

Hearing story after story, how do I respond?
After our morning session today, we all left for lunch rather quiet and sobered. Not because of we were sad or disquieted. We were awed. And I'm even more awed now that I've had some time to process. And then at lunch I sat with a couple who had lived among the subjects of some of the stories and they verified them. They had tears of memories and smiles on their faces. They were ready to be back out there.

After the past few days, there are only two versus from Scripture that come to mind:

(Revelations 10:11) “I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, ‘Now the salvation, and the strength, and the kingdom of our God, and authority of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brothers, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.’
And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony for they did not love their lives even unto death.”

(Luke 2:1819) "And all who heard it wondered at what the shepherds had told them. But Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart."

I can't broadcast what I've heard, but I wish you could understand all the same. Our God is full of mercy and he is doing things I only hoped and dreamed. People from every tribe and nation will know of Him and His love for them.

His Gospel is not far off, but near to them.

No comments: