02 February 2009

Rutuine . . . Rouxtine . . . ruetin???

I'm not only a bad speller, I'm not much of a routine person. I need structure in my life, but it just doesn't happen naturally. But, with teammates depending on me and due dates every day, I HAVE to figure out something. And soon.

I began to realize this long ago, but Dr. Rankin talked today and he made it very clear that we have to maintain balance in our lives or we leave ourselves to chaos and destruction. Not that he was threatening us, like I'm making it sound. Just that we will have too much going on if we do not clearly protect out priorities, nothing will get done.

Well, Lets see how I've done so far today:

- Meet with book team and Dr. Rankin to discuss book distribution at 8:55am - check
- Copy learning goals worksheet to keep for reference - maybe tonight?
- E-mail weekly feedback report - check!
- E-mail book team strategy for approval - check
- E-mail book team to set book room moving date - oh yeah . . . forgot about that.
- E-mail reminder to next week's topic leader - that, too.
- Meet with A at dinner to be interviewed about going on the field for her school project- in about ten minutes
- Excersize 30 min on the elliptical - after dinner
- 1 hour on German - Gah! I'm already so tired. . . but it's "my goal"
- spend some wind down time in the Word - how do married people do that sort of thing? I'm loving II Corinthians though. . . and Acts for assignment (at least it's just a chapter a day)
- Work on personal prayer calender - maybe just the rest of the week laid out (another goal)
- Go to bed before 11pm - do-able if I can stay away from my friends!

No comments: