11 May 2009

Ciao, Bella!

Yep, I actually had this said to me to day, in context, by an Italian tourist who asked me directions. I was walking from Deutsch classes, so needless to say when a beautiful man pulled up in an Italian luxury car and said, "'Scusi! Eh, como stai? Lie Parla Italiano?" I had no idea what was going to come out of my mouth.

Some how, "Bene, Ja, Ein poco," came out while pinching my thumb and forefinger together. He smiled really big. "Un poco, bene."

He then said, slow and beautifully of couse, "C'รจ un ristorante nelle vicinanze?" and fortunately he gestured to jog my memory, "Ach, ja! Ja, muuuulti multi RistoRante am der Ringstrasse." with the most flurished rolled R's I've ever done, pointing to the major intersection up ahead of us and making a circular motion.
"Eh, Certemente, grazie. Ciao, Bella!" And he drove off.
And I thought, what language am I even speaking!?
Could "si" not comeout of my mouth once?
All well.

I wanted to call Ambre to let her know one of her people came to see me, but I'm still dont' have her number (hint, hint).

1 comment:

Jenniferkay47 said...

Dieces bringt mir Lachen!