20 January 2009

More Gilmore Than You Need

[By this time next week I'll be unpacking. . . Great thought!]


I have a very special dad. He will listen/talk to me about anything and sometimes things I say will stick with him. Like, when I told him how much I loved the silly little show called Gilmore Girls, he started recording them on his record-tv-on -your-computer thingy (I'm such a tech geek, I know. Try to keep up). So, I realized last night that I hadn't watched very many of those very sweetly recorded shows. . . Yup, as soon as I got home from an early appointment with the dentist for some teeth reconstruction and while the rest of the world watched Washington, I was chillin' in the magic world of small town Connecticut.

Don't worry, I took a break for history making for about thirty minutes to watch Yo-Yo and the gang warm up the crowd for the swearing in and such. Really, the benediction was inspiring. I just can't imagine how this day must be for those who were on the front lines of the Civil Rights movement - but I'm progessing here. Must tell you about my frivolity.

Back to the Gilmores: It's not just the shows themselves. It takes me back to beautifully spent hours with dear girl friends who share my love of their cultural references and fast talking snide comments. In fact, after about 12 hours of first snow falls, Life and Death Bergade and twenty-minute sweaters, I'm still hungry for more - and there's more to be had, waiting for me! But, I'm honestly less than productive when I watch TV. Must resist! Haven't worked on German in three days.

2 comments:

Joe Kennedy said...

I think you were digressing.

Amy Jones said...

No. If I had been talking about something worthwhile, I would have been digressing. But I was interrupting trivia with something vastly more important: therefore progressing. ;-)