28 January 2009

First Real Day

Two entries in one day!

I am so overwhelmed on so many levels. There are so many emotions, thoughts, ideas, questions, and names going through my head right now. Lance, I just met a guy who volunteered in Vienna named Clint who promised I will have the time of my life in Vien. He's vouching for you guys. From what I can tell from the Elledges, I don't know how we couldn't have an amazing time! I haven't seen the girls yet, but they just had their first day of school so I'm curious to see how it went for them.

Speaking of, I've met some great journeygirls who are going to be my neighbors in Western Europe. And we spent hours in lectures about immunizations and legal concerns so we are bond for life. There is also a Western European meeting tonight so I want to be focused when I see who my region-people are going to be. If I can just learn ten more names I'll consider the day a success.

But, to really do this whole orientation thing, I need to focus on the one man who matters most to me. I feel like I've been at a family reunion all day with my father always in the other room. I need to get some time with God. Probably going to have another quiet night - reading Scripture and spending some time with Him. Social time will come.

Time for dinner.

PS: Amber (is going to Milan!) just found out that her supervisor found her an apartment on a fourth floor - with no elevator. If I can only be so lucky I'll be buff by the time I get back to the States. :)

1 comment:

Lance said...

Well I'm SURE we can arrange for you to have an apartment without an elevator! ;-)