30 August 2009

Sand

Today I didn't go to church.

My internal clock has shifted thanks to the warm weather we've been having so that I haven't been going to sleep before 3am all week. I know that I could have gone anyway, and if I were more disciplined I would have, but the thought of waves of German washing over me just sounded staggering. Instead I've been listening to David Platt's Cross of Christ from his Secret Church series. And now I'm starting to think that these truths from scripture are washing over the same way! But, how inspiring, how empowering is the cross?!

I am most awed by the thought, the simple statement of the Gospel: Man replaced God as mans' authority and thereby sinned against God and separated man from God. So God replaced man as the object of justice to reconcile man back to God.

There are so many other jewels that I heard today, but I feel like they fall through my hands like dry sand. Hah! I'm actually praying that the Living Water would clump up these ideas so that I can hand them over to others.

Too many metaphors today?
Sorry.
Welcome to my abstract brain.

So, in a bit I'm going to go have dinner with some international believers who live in Vienna. I think this is church enough today. Maybe more church than a "worship service". Pray for conversation and relationships that will glorify our King. :-)

1 comment:

Bethany Chu said...

as I was reading and you said it went through your hands like dry sand my brain said "just add some living water!" and that's exactly where you were going with it! Great abstract minds think alike huh :) I love you and I believe in what God is doing with you there in wien (with all those wieners ;))