06 July 2009

If You Pray . . .

Today (6 July) I started on the fourth book of my German course. I'm still struggling thought, but I'm so motivated to really get all my verbs down so I'll make sense! And, I'm still loving the language. I agree with my friend Maggie, I love how expressive it is.

My friendship with B has all but stopped. She no longer answers my calls. I don't know if she is out of town or what.

The good news!!! is that I met a girl this past weekend who is the daughter of the neighbor of my teammates, the Ingrims. I was with them when the Ings gave her a Bible in a modern translation along with a simple reading guide. A wants to learn more about God and is thinking of getting Baptized in her Catholic church. We exchanged info and I wrote her an e-mail yesterday. Please pray she will want to get together - especially that the Bible and other spiritual things will come up in conversation so we can make sure she understands the Gospel and that that she is being equipped to share the Good News with her friends.

Friday was Mag's last day in Vienna and we had a wonderful time together. She has a renewed sense of purpose as an opera singer and seems focused on continuing to honoring the Lord with her life! Pray for her as she returns to her school that they will recognize her growth and a singer and as a woman and that she will have opportunities to share Christ through that.

Continue to pray that God will give me patience during full time language learning. I want to be out there connecting, but there is a definite language and time issue because I feel like I'm always studying. Please pray that I will get lots of language partners so I can learn fast and so I can have some German speaking friends!

The Bordens left for the USA for six months on 18 June. Please continue to celebrate and pray over C's recovery. She is cancer free, and has shocked her caregivers, but still has a lot of healing to do after surgery. Also, pray for our team as we get used to life without our leaders close.

No comments: