23 June 2009

Hmmm. Obsessive Compulsive?

I used to give my mother a hard time about her obsession with flashlights. It seemed once a month she would hand me another one in case I had car trouble at night on a dark deserted street or the electricity went out and I HAD to see where I was going really really well . . . But I just realized that I've lived in Austria for three months, and I have four pairs of scissors - just for convenience. Did I mention I live in a two bedroom "Cabinet" apartment???

It is a sickness.

Things are moving slowly here, but God is so good to always give me a glimpse of what he's doing in the Vienna. I just met a very like minded Catholic guy. We could have talked the Gospel, Chesterton and Lewis up all day. And this weekend I met up with a couple I had not seen since we met in Moscow two years ago who want to work and live in Vienna if they can get the funding they need to stay. I love that they came for the summer to do what they can - and they already seem to be hitting the ground running working with refugees and other internationals living in Vienna. And there's M who always amazing me with her young mind that always seems to how to not only understand but also sees how to obey the Scripture when she reads James with me. I wish we all had such insight, but I am encouraged but what God shows her and I'm so excited to be apart of her growth.

Alright - those are my random thoughts for the night.
Gute Nacht.

No comments: