30 March 2009

Mein Liebling

He's here!
My nephew is here.
And all those over-used sentiments about aunts and nephews are coming true. He is the brightest and most wonderful thing I've ever seen.

Every moment I look down on his little face and see his searching eyes I feel my heart get tied to him. Every grunt is precious. And he is especially cool because when he gets really mad he almost whistles like a sweek toy! This would not be good to continue to do this for very long, but at three days old it's about the funniest thing ever - except that I would do anything to make him happy again so that he'll open his eyes and search for our eyes with his wobbly head.

I'm hooked. It will be impossible to leave him. But, I will so that he can have that cool aunt who will teach him German some day, an aunt who lived in utter obedience to the God who created them both. So, this morning has been all about assessing what there is left to do before getting on that plane. This is not as fun as holding him, but I guess I should like Christy and Paul have a shot at holding their son.

No comments: